Do you have at least three generations of Oxfordshire ancestors going back into the mid-19th century or earlier? Oxfordshire FHS (OFHS) have just launched a new Oxfordshire DNA project and are offering two free DNA tests to OFHS members. Why not enter? If you are not yet an OFHS member, but have Oxfordshire ancestors and want to enter the competition, then why not join? See www.ofhs.org.uk for membership details.
To enter, all you have to do is submit 400-600 words on why you feel a DNA test would be useful to help you discover more about your Oxfordshire family/families using DNA, including a short summary on your family and your family history ‘brick walls’. Send to email@example.com before 30th May 2013. Terms and conditions are below.
Tto find out more about the project visit www.familytreedna.com/public/Oxfordshire.
If you have already had a DNA test done at FamilyTreeDNA, and have a long line of Oxfordshire ancestors, then log on to http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Oxfordshire
and request to transfer your results to the project. (All transfers are checked for validity before approval, so membership is not automatic.)
Terms & Conditions of DNA competition
1. All entrants must be members of the OFHS as of 30 May 2013.
2. Entrants must have at least 3 generations of Oxfordshire ancestors in the 19th century or earlier.
3. The OFHS Executive Committee will pick the two winning entrants. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence can be entered into regarding judging. The judges reserve the right to award one or zero free tests if the quality of entries justifies that action.
4. The competition closes on 30th May 2013 and winners will be notified by 1st July 2013.
5. Winners agree to having their stories publicised by the OFHS. Full test results and ID numbers on the DNA site will not however be released to the public.