Free digital data from Family Tree provides readers with free family history resources online, including ebooks to browse, searchable census indexes, software to try before you buy and much more. Free digital data is available to all readers of the print and digital issues of Family Tree using the code printed in each issue, simply register here to enjoy the records…
Plus, if you’re a print subscriber you can access the records for a longer period using your subscription number.
View the data
- Click here to register or log in. Follow the on-screen instructions and check your inbox for an activation email.
- Select ‘Activate more content’.
- Select the issue of the magazine.
- You will need to enter the code published in each magazine to access that issue’s free data. Subscribers will also need their subscription number so that they can access the records for a longer period. Follow the dedicated on-screen subscriber instructions.
- The menu will display the latest issue’s selection of resources.
- Select the resource you would like to view, search or download and click on the button to access the records.
Where can I find my subscription number?
It is on your magazine wrapper at the top of the name and address box, or you can freefone 0800 6128377.
Which records are viewable online, and which can be downloaded?
The census and Army List are searchable online, the back issue can be viewed online, and the family history software and digitised books are downloadable.
How long can I view the records for?
Subscribers will be able to access them for 12 months or for the period of their subscription. Other readers will have 30 days’ access once registered. Registration will be available for three months from the on sale date in the UK.
Which records will be covered in the future?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred geographical areas and we’ll do our best to source useful records for these places.