COMPETITION CLOSED: Congratulations to our winners: Jennifer Homeyard, Plymouth; Peter Gilby, Kent; Jill Ashton, Trowbridge; Ben Audsley, London; Sarah Bond, East Sussex; Graham Burge, Wisbech; Sheri Darby, London; Colin Joyce, Northamptonshire; Heather Knotts, Northumberland.
Queen Elizabeth II celebrates her birthday on 21 April, and to mark the occasion we have nine copies of A Brief History of the Private Life of Elizabeth II by Michael Paterson to give away. To be in with a chance of winning, simply sign up for our newsletter by completing the form below.
A Brief History of the Private Life of Elizabeth II
Discover Her Majesty’s life behind the palace doors with this lovely book. Elizabeth II is within a few years of becoming the longest-reigning British monarch. She has known every British Prime Minister since Winston Churchill and every American President since Eisenhower. Yet what of the woman behind the crown? This biography by Michael Paterson takes a refreshing new look at her life and shows how Queen Elizabeth became the person she is. Discover who, and what, have been the greatest influences upon her. What are her hobbies, and who are her friends? How does she feel about the demands of duty and protocol? Examining the places in which she grew up or has lived, the training she received, her attitudes to significant events in national life, her family and more, A Brief History of the Private Life of Elizabeth II presents a fresh view of one of the most important figures in recent history.
ISBN: 9781849015813. RRP £8.99 (paperback). Published by Constable & Robinson Ltd.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- To enter the competition, you must agree to sign up for our newsletter and complete the form. You will be added to the newsletter mailing list regardless of whether or not you tick to agree to contact from Family Tree. If you have already signed up to our newsletter you can still enter the draw and you will not receive the newsletter twice.
- Closing date of the draw is 11.59pm on 16.05.13.
- There will be nine winners, each receiving one copy of A Brief History of the Private Life of Elizabeth II.
- The winners of the draw will be informed by email and announced via the website www.family-tree.co.uk.
- Only one entry is permitted per person.
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- There will be no cash or alternative prize available.
- Automated entries are not permitted and will be disqualified.
- The judges’ decision as to the winners is final.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- Promoters reserve the right to amend or withdraw the competition without notice due to circumstances beyond their reasonable control.