Save 37%* when you subscribe to Family Tree today!
Plus get The Trench free*!
Try it today, quote code FTMAY2014. Go to subscribeme.to/family-tree.
The Trench is the ideal book for those wanting an introduction to the Great War and a simple, well-illustrated guide to our ancestors’ experiences on the Western Front.
- Learn about the tactics, kit and daily life in a trench, with special features on the introduction of new weapons of war, such as tanks, early aeroplanes, and the first use of poison gas.
- Understand key political events of the conflict and its aftermath.
- Get to grips with the major battles and find out about the museums, battlefield sites and memorials to visit in France and Belgium.
Together these topics bring us a real understanding of the unique inhumanity of the First World War, and why the dates 1914-1918 require us to remember and learn from them.
Further copies of The Trench can be ordered direct from Countryside Books.
Why subscribe to Family Tree?
Treat yourself to a subscription to Family Tree and with every new issue we’ll help you to discover even more about your ancestors. From beginner guides on sources you have yet to explore, to expert problem-solving advice and information about the best ways to access new records, we know what you need, to inform and inspire you to uncover your family history.
- Pay just £3.15 per issue
- Get free access to digital records for longer
- Enjoy exclusive subscriber offers
- Never miss your copy
- Receive FREE UK delivery to your door
Add £5 extra for a combined digital and print subscription! Find out more about our digital issues here. Not tried our magazine before? You can get a free sample to try before you buy from the App Store, Google Play and for Kindle Fire, or PC and Mac users can find one at www.pocketmags.com.
Need more reasons to subscribe? Check out our subscriber only offers!
*37% saving based on shop price when you pay by direct debit for one year. Offer applies to new UK direct debit subscribers only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Offer closes 15 May 2014.