Opening times: Reading Rooms open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 9-am-1pm and 2pm-5pm. Saturday morning from 9am-1pm on the third Saturday. The archive is closed for stocktaking in the first full week of December and between Christmas and New Year.
Jersey Archive was established as part of Jersey Heritage in 1993.The Archive is the Island’s national repository holding archival material from public institutions as well as private businesses and individuals. Since the service was created Jersey Archive has collected over 350,000 archival records from the States of Jersey, States Committees and Departments, the Royal Court, H.E. Lieutenant-Governor, parishes, churches, businesses, societies and individuals relating to the Island. Services include:
- Online catalogue with images of occupation registration cards, wills, BMD indexes, parish church records and many more
- Research and copying services for records not yet online
- In person assistance at Jersey Archive from Archive staff and Channel Islands Family History Society volunteers
- Court and land transaction records from the 16th century to present day
- Church records from Church of England, Catholic and Non-Conformist churches in the island